The leaf has turned...
Without going in to to much detail, I have finally come around. It wasn't easy and involved visiting some very dark places in the process. For a long time now, I've been living in a pit. It's dark, it's miserable but its comfortable. In my pit I feel worried, anxious and miserable but it's what I know and it's what I like. The put was deep, very deep and I was too tired, too stressed and too busy to look for the ladder. There were times when I caught glimpses of the ladder. I'd reach out, climb a few rungs and fall the ground. I decided the cave was safer, made myself comfortable and decided to stay. I soon became part of the cave, so ingrained in the world around me that those who knew me didn't recognize me. I didn't recognize me. I was scared.
Then it changed...
I realized if I looked around, my cave I wasn't alone. If I let myself see them, I was surrounded by amazing people. Some I knew, some I didn't, but they were all there to help me get out. They all had a vested interested in getting me to the top so I could experience life outside of my cave. They came together, encouraged me to climb, supported me the entire way up until I was out.
I'm out, I see the sunshine, it's beautiful
I love you all
K
Then it changed...
I realized if I looked around, my cave I wasn't alone. If I let myself see them, I was surrounded by amazing people. Some I knew, some I didn't, but they were all there to help me get out. They all had a vested interested in getting me to the top so I could experience life outside of my cave. They came together, encouraged me to climb, supported me the entire way up until I was out.
I'm out, I see the sunshine, it's beautiful
I love you all
K

1 Comments:
Beautifully written! I recently climbed out of my cave too!
Some psychologists/philosophers think that "the cave" is essential to self development! I guess it is what we do with our caves...and don't lurk in them too long!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home